Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday With Aiden


A very nice day. Started with a run out the front door of 91/2 miles (according to the IPOD+ device that I'm finally using from last Christmas). It's kind of nice to have some "independent" confirmation of my distances/times. Now however I'm really sore. I don't think it was the distance but my new shoes coupled with the run in EI yesterday morning.

The weather is unseasonably warm this afternoon. This morning was cool in the 50's and generally overcast with a stiff breeze. Now the sun's out most of the time but the strong breeze remains. I think the temperature is in the mid 60s. Jacket weather.

I came home from my run and made a chicken stew with a chicken I cooked in the crockpot on Friday but didn't eat. It's really a soup more than a stew but it's got lots of grains and veggies in it.

I picked up Aiden at about 11:00 or so and we stopped at Remkes for salad. I realize now, however, that we forgot some fixin's so we'll probably have to go back. After lunch we played outside and I was able to get some good pictures of the "little devil."

As I type this he's napping and hopefully will continue to sleep for a while longer.

BTW the fall colors while somewhat muted are really quite nice. Just take a look at my pin oak in the background.

No comments: