Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Topsy Turvy March Weather

Ran at EI this morning. Started cool and breezy in the 50s so I wore a short-sleeved shirt and a water-proof shell because it was supposed to rain. However, 15 minutes into the run I was so hot I had to stop and de-layer myself. It was just a beautiful day. Soon the sun came out and it got even warmer and I wished I had worn shorts. Oh well. The trails were perfect, soft but not oozy. No standing water. Surprisingly I saw no deer. Unlike Saturday when I saw 9! I ran for 2 hrs and felt pretty good. Soon I'll be up to 3. Actually I'm pretty confident 3 is possible now but why push it. Now getting into the 4 or 5 hr range, well we'll just have to work at that for awhile. Maybe by June but then you have to contend with the heat.

As I type this it's 69 degrees and very windy. I think we're supposed to top off somewhere around 75. Then we're supposed to get rain and tomorrow will be in the 40s. Like I said, March weather.

The rest of the week is pretty busy. Work tomorrow then meetings on Thursday and Friday with work over the weekend.

No comments: