Sunday, December 12, 2010

Not Quite the White Death (ReDux)

Once again the weather people have gotten us all jacked up for death by white and nothing could be further from the truth. We awakened this morning to a wet dust of snow and temperatures in the low 30s. I think my car thermometer on the way to Mass said it was 31. True, temperatures are expected to plummet as the day progresses and I guess the winds are supposed to pick-up but that's nothing given the hysteria the media promotes. In fact as I write this it's just your run of the mill winter day. Much ado about nothing... Now north of here in Minnesota and Wisconsin, they have something to be concerned about!

Hard to believe we're less than two weeks away from Christmas. Next Saturday Matt, Ciara and Aiden will arrive. Fred, Gail and Zoe will follow on Friday. Christmas Eve will be at Thom and Karen's house and then we'll have Christmas Day. In the meantime I hope to get Aiden up to the Behringer Crawford Museum to take in the trains; that will probably have to be Wednesday; he visits Grandma Jan on Thursday and I work M,T and F.

No comments: