Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Glorious Morning in Independence

It's cool outside. After many days of no rain we've been blessed with small amounts of rain over the past couple of days and things are really perking up. You notice it particularly in the trees; they've become bright green again with a newfound injection of rain and nitrogen from the lightning of thunderstorms.

I finished my deck, well almost finished it, it's usable but I need to continue screwing down the deck planks and then there's some sanding and other finish work needed. Overall it really looks nice and adds close to 120 sq feet of surface area to use. It really makes a difference.

Aiden's been sick for the past couple of days. Ciara took him to the doctor yesterday and he's got a sore throat. Cultures were negative; but he's had a fever and been listless since Sunday night. We watch him today so I hope he's feeling better. The poor little guy!

Haven't heard from Colin for a few days. I'll have to try and hook up with him later today. Ian and Rieko are in their new home in Little Rock, Arkansas and I presume that Ian has started his IP training on the C130-J.

No comments: