Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lunchtime in Independence

It remains dry and hot. The wind becomes a blow torch later in the afternoon. The humidity, though, remains low so things aren't unbearable. In fact, they're quite nice. My lawn is brown and I don't care because I don't have to cut the grass.

Ran the trails at E.I. on Sunday for about an hour. I'd guess it was about 4.5 miles or so. It was cool on the trails and there was a nice breeze most of the time despite the tall vegetation and trees. Surprisingly I didn't see many bikers. Linda walked and got lost. We had agreed to meet back at the car after an hour and she was gone for well beyond an hour. Worried, I went back down the trails to find her and she was nonchalantly walking up the hill. Oh well.

Monday I did my first long run in a long time. Started on the levy. Ran across the Purple People Bridge and down through Freedom Park into the East End and Lunken then back to across the Suspension Bridge, over the Licking, across the Taylor Southgate Bridge, along the Serpentine Wall finishing up by going back across the P.P.B. 3 hours in all. I guess it was about 15 miles or so.

This morning I worked in the yard then went for another run concentrating on hills. Spent about 1hr and 10 minutes or so. It was hot but there was a strong breeze.

No comments: