Wednesday, June 27, 2007

This Morning's Ramblings

Went to Lauren and Adam's wedding Saturday night. It was Episcopalian and for the life of me if I had been dropped from space into the church I might have had a hard time determining it wasn't Catholic! The bride was beautiful and Ciara looked spectacular. Aiden didn't enjoy it much; the two of us spent most of the wedding outside playing with rocks in the garden. At least he was content. The reception was held at the Ft. Thomas Armory and was really well done with no expense spared (it seemed to me). Linda and I left about 20:30 with Aiden; he was pretty worn out.

Sunday, after we dispatched Aiden to his mother (around noon), Linda and I went over to EI and ran (Linda walked) the trails for an hour or so. This time she didn't get lost. There were a lot of folks riding and quite a few walking. It was as close to "crowded" as I've seen things. It was hot and very humid but quite nice. We got home about 15:30.

Carl and Marysue came for dinner that evening and we served "smashed potatoes," flank steak from the cadillac grill and grilled zucchini with onions and peppers. It was a nice evening.

Monday I did the "circuit" at EI. It took close to 3 hours. The heat and humidity took its toll but I was pleased that I managed to complete it for the first time and did it without a face plant. More importantly I think my PF is finally healed; no pain in my feet. Now the quads on the other hand were hammered. We'll count this as my weekly long run.

As I type this it's overcast and there is the rumble of thunder in the background. There was a brief period of rain but now that's stopped without even wetting the ground. We plan on getting a load of mulch and continuing the work on our landscaping today. It should be hot and humid once the overcast clears.

No comments: