Friday, September 7, 2007

Bushwacking in the Evening

Linda and I decided to investigate the walking trail at Doe Run Lake last evening. It was an adventure; more than we had planned but we survived. The path was predominately single track particularly the last half. It generally follows the lake perimeter and is in relatively good shape until you get to the far end of the lake when it deteriorates into almost no trail at all. It took us about an hour to complete the circuit. We did see something that neither one of us had seen before. I can best describe it as a "knot" of fish. They looked like carp. All were 1-2 feet long and they were circling around each other on the surface. There must have been 30 or 40 or more of them and we could see it continuing from the other side of the lake fifteen minutes later.

Earlier in the day I had run at EI for 2hrs. It was a good run. I did a circuit of sorts on the intermediate loop and advanced loops 1 and 2. I've concluded that loop 3 is too much of a pain because it continually loops back on itself and has more difficult footing. It also takes to long to complete. I guess my favorite loop is loop 2 because I can do an interval pick-up on the last half mile. I did see a pair of fawns. I suspect it's the same pair I've seen several times in the past. My favorite turtle also made an appearance.

No comments: