Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Morning at Idlewild

Had an early run at England/Idlewild this morning. It was hot. But for a trio of mountain bikers I had the trail to myself. The trails are dry, dusty and littered with withered brown leaves that in any other year would still be on the trees. Even the weeds are wilted and dying. The creek is a dry gulch. The only thing I can think about is what the trails are going to look like when we do finally get some rain (we're a foot behind for the year). I didn't see any deer today; I guess I didn't make enough noise. I did, however see two turtles. Curiously I think they're the same turtles I've seen in the past. They're on separate trails. One has yellow spots, the other red. It was a well spent 1hr:45min!

After running I picked up Aiden and he and grandpa had some quality time until grandma got home for lunch.

No comments: