Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day

Worked the weekend. It seemed to go on forever. I usually resign myself, put my head down and just get it done but for some reason this weekend was different; I really just didn't want to work. I did however get through it without difficulty. The fireworks last night were spectacular (on television). We didn't bother with going up to Devou like we did two years ago. We did however have a local show; we viewed the fireworks from St. Cecilia's Festival from the deck and they were impressive. It was a nice evening.

Linda, Charie and I did the trails at EI this morning. It was warm and humid but a very nice morning despite the heat. Numerous bikers and even more were coming as we finished up for the day. I ran for about 80 minutes or so. Saw a couple of young fawns and tried to capture their pictures with my cell phone. I'll try to download them later.

Looking forward to having Colin and Melanie, Ciara, Matt and Aiden, Charie, Aaron, Aubrey (?) over for a cook-out this afternoon. I'm brining some chicken now. We'll also have some pumped up mashed potatoes and coleslaw. I've got lots of cold beer and Matt's supposed to bring some Margarita mix.

No comments: