Friday, March 14, 2008

Rainy Day in Independence

It's been raining here since dawn; a gentle downpour that doesn't seem to have waxed or waned. Ciara and Matt are househunting in Charlotte this weekend so Buzzy is in our hands. Currently he's napping. He slept in to 8 this morning so it's a little unusual that he's still asleep, I suppose it's a result of the rain. I made blueberry scones this afternoon and they turned out pretty good. The recipe I used calls for buttermilk and is relatively simple to make when using the food processor. I should make them more often.

The rain is disappointing but last Friday at this time in the afternoon it was 20 degrees and snowing. We were in the clutches of a full-on blizzard with 6 inches on the ground, blowing snow and another 6 inches of snow to come so I shouldn't complain. I was really looking forward to running but it just made no sense to try and run in these conditions. Maybe tomorrow.....

No comments: