Monday, March 3, 2008

Sunny Morning before the Deluge




What a beautiful morning!

55 plus degrees, sun shining with a brisk southern breeze. Buzzy and I went for a run in the neighborhood. The wind made it a challenge especially given my deconditioning but what the heck it was fun. I heard a train coming as we got to Webster Rd. so we ran down to the crossing and got there just as the locomotive came around the bend. The engineer even tooted the horn for Buzz. It was a relatively short train with a bunch of empty car carriers but Buzzy still liked it. I was glad we got out for an early start because it's supposed to start raining this afternoon and quite heavily. There are already flood warnings posted.

Buzzy's watching "Cars" as I write and he's playing with "Lightning McQueen."

To the side I've posted two pictures of Buzzy. The first is him enjoying his birthday cupcake on Thursday (his actual birthdate) and then his cake on Saturday. I must admit he doesn't look too happy in either picture. I think he was tired after all the excitement in both pictures.

The top picture is Grandpa holding Buzz captive as we watch Nemo.

No comments: