Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday Listening to Ciabnw1 on Finetune

An eventful week!

Aiden turned 2 on this past Thursday, February 28. Last night we celebrated at the house with Molly, Charie, Colin and Aubrey in addition to Matt, Ciara, Linda and I. Of course the guest of honor was the focus and made off with gobs of loot! I made the family "marble cake" which is a scratch cake that takes a lot of care to make and the results reflected this; it looked like a refugee from a food fight but tasted wonderful. Surprisingly even though it had a Hershey's Milk Chocolate icing Buzzy wouldn't eat it (everyone else did). We have several pictures which I'll try to upload later. I still can't find my "daisy" that allows picture downloads. I know it's around here somewhere...

Ran this morning for the second time since getting sick on January 19th. It is amazing how deconditioned even a conditioned body can become in that short time. Today's weather has been changeable but a nice portend of spring. This morning's run was under a clear sky and sunshine with temps in the 40s. This afternoon it's been sunny alternating with overcast and a little bit of light rain but the temps are now in the 50s. Tomorrow I think it's supposed to be rainy but warm again.

Matt's grandfather died this past week at 94. He and Ciara are in Brookville, OH for the layout this afternoon and the funeral is tomorrow.

My friend Chris died on February 15 from pancreatic cancer. It's hard to believe. We were pretty close at one time but lost touch over the years. It still hits you pretty hard though. I picked up a card to send to his family when I can get my thoughts together.

No comments: