Friday, August 27, 2010

Fall is on the air...

Yeah, I know, the heat will be back but the weather changed dramatically over the past few days bringing an early hint of fall. Temperatures have been in the 70s with a breeze, low humidity and lows in the high 50s. It's a refreshing change from the previous couple of weeks with temperatures in the 90s and humidity to match.

Currently converting all my music from WMA files to the I-Tunes format on my computer. I think I have close to 4 gigs of music. That's not much by some folks standards and most of the music is relatively old but it's nice to have it all in one place so I can access it and move it back and forth from my I-Phone and I-Pod.

I've been gradually figuring out how to use the I-Phone but I'm sure I've just touched the tip of the iceberg. I'm really enjoying the different apps but I think what I like most is just the simple utility of the tools it brings to the ordinary. Like being able to listen to voice mail without going to a "mailbox" or sending text messages in a "conversation" string. I also love how I can easily download e-mail. I continue to believe it's one of the best investments I've ever made.

Spent a couple of hours this morning on a conference call putting the final touches on an Abstract to be sent to the Society of Critical Care Medicine for their national conference in January (San Diego). It would be too cool if it's accepted.

No comments: