Saturday, August 28, 2010

Glen Beck

I hesitate to even write anything about this person but I feel compelled to say something. Linda and I just got home from out walk and I had some quiet time to just think things through a little bit. My conclusion, GB is a showman, a clown who just says incendiary things with the clear intent to rile up not only his listeners but those who revile him. He knows what he's doing; make no mistake about it. His modus operandi is to make money, to further feather his nest and the larger nest of Fox news.

I think about Lady Gaga and Madonna before her; both of these women are incredibly savvy and know exactly what they're doing. Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler; rock and roll is filled with showmen. GB is just a little brother to the other flame throwers out there: Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter... I mean, do they really believe the stuff they say? I choose to believe otherwise; they know where the paths to riches lie and they play the lie for all it's worth.

They're really no different than some folks on the other side of the fence; they just have bigger microphones (Al Sharpton are you listening?).

What I do know is that divisiveness serves no purpose other than to distract and evade working on the real problems we face as a nation and can only solve by working together; put differences aside and find some common ground and move forward from there. GB might have something to add but I can't get beyond the just plain meanness of his message.

No comments: