Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday Morning Ramble

It's getting hot already and it's only half-passed eight! Humid too. At least there's a breeze. I believe we're supposed to top out at a high of 94 today. Ian says Little Rock has been and will be over 100 today and tomorrow; in fact I think it's supposed to be over 104. That's HOT! (actually miserable is a better word). As I look out on the deck the sun's up there's a light breeze and it's very hazy. It's days like this that I wish I had a pool!

I'm working on several new books. The one I started last night is The Passage by Justin Cronin. He's a Professor of English at Rice U. in Houston, TX. I bought the kindle version last night after reading the cover jacket at Barnes and Nobles. Further investigation reveals it to be the first book in a trilogy about vampires. I'm going to reserve judgment at this point but the reviews I've read are excellent.

Getting back to the weather thing; my trees look spectacular they've really grown in big spurts. My 3 pin oaks have grown at  least two feet. The maples have grown 3 feet. It's really quite amazing. Having said that my garden has been pathetic. Our squash and zucchini plants have shriveled up and died. My tomato plants have grown quite well but the fruit has been very slow to ripen.

More later...

Well, it didn't get quite as hot as predicted but the humidity made things very challenging. I believe the ambient air high was 90. Much hotter with the index.

Walked twice. Once late this morning for about 75 minutes and again this evening. By myself this morning with Linda tonight. I'll see how my right knee feels in the morning.

No comments: