Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bitterly Cold Morning in Independence

It's 6 degrees or some such nonsense. Who knows what the wind chill is? I'm toasty sitting in the front room of the house with my oil radiator blasting away. Slept very poorly last night and feel awful this morning. I've got a sore throat and cough. I think it started Friday night and yesterday's morning run in the raw, dry cold probably just exacerbated things. I'll take it easy today and hopefully feel better tomorrow.

Despite the cold it really is a pretty morning. Aiden slept well and is in good spirits this morning. He's playing with Ciara and Linda in the living room. We tried to make scones this morning but the recipe was not congenial and who knows how they'll turn out. They're in the oven as I type this.

No comments: