Thursday, January 10, 2008

This Morning's Run at MAF


The day started out cool with the sun peaking out of high patchy clouds and a relatively stiff breeze. I was definitely overdressed but I'd rather be a little too warm than a little too cold; cold is miserable, warm is tolerable in my book. The trails were covered in winter leaves (mostly oak) and very muddy in places but good shape otherwise. We did two loops but none technical or too strenuous (we skipped the stone steps). Jeff and Suzelle are training for the Umstead 100 in March. Suzelle finished 3rd in her age group in the Sunmart 50 last month! I think we probably ran about 10 miles this morning in 2 1/4 hours or so. It was a good thing we ran this morning because as I type this its pouring rain with lightning and thunder; once again strange weather for January even in Kentucky.

No comments: