Sunday, December 7, 2008

2,333,000 Minutes...5 years

"The greatest day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. The gift of life is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you get to determine the quality of it. Live the next five years on purpose. Now is the time. Imagine the possibilities. Go places, have adventures, make a real difference, do what you love. Follow your dreams, they know the way."

"Where will you be five years from today?"

That's the question the book asked me when I saw it at Starbucks this morning. Of course I bought it how could I refuse? It called out to my base romantic nature. But it makes you think, I mean really think, doesn't it? It's something I should at the very least toy with.

Our Christmas shopping is just about finished. Of course Buzzy's going to make out like a bandit. He's the only grandchild, nephew so he's going to be blessed with excess as a result. Hopefully it will tone down in the future but what's wrong with it now. He doesn't understand it at this point and then, you must ask, what's the point to begin with? Well I guess it just makes us (Linda and I) happy.

It's been really cold the past couple of days. Today was probably the coldest day of this late fall season. I don't think it got above freezing and we had a light dusting of snow overnight which didn't help matters. The skies were crystal blue all day so there was nothing to hold the sun's heat in. We ate lunch at Panera and ran into Molly and her mom. It was nice to see both of them.

Came home, watched a movie, roasted a chicken, drank some wine, ate the chicken with cauliflower, drank a little espresso and vegetated. It was a great day.

I came down with a sore throat and faint earache last evening which has persisted throughout the day and continues now. Curiously and fortunately it's only present on the left side. I just try to ignore it.

Ian and Rieko are on a cruise. I hope they're having fun.

No comments: