Friday, December 26, 2008

Late Afternoon; the Day after Christmas

How about this weather! Wednesday was cold and rainy all day; heavy rain at times, just a lousy day for Christmas Eve. Christmas Day was spectacularly beautiful with the sun shining but cold. Today it's again rainy but now very warm with temps in the 50s as I write. It is expected to get as high as 68 tomorrow. It's not unusual to have a warm spot in December but it is certainly unexpected.

Linda and I did a little shopping this morning in downtown Cincinnati. I was surprised that there were so few shoppers but I did notice that things picked up around lunch time. Brooks Brothers was busy. There long checkout lines and folks were buying not returning. They have a great after Christmas sale. I bought 3 new shirts and saved about $90. With my new job I'm wearing dress clothes for the first time in 15 years and needed to buy some things.

As I was leaving BB I happened to run into my friend John Meehan and his wife Jenna. I haven't seen him in a few years so it was a nice catch-up. Linda and I usually see John's sister JoAnn and her husband Ed over the holidays but not this year.

Matt, Ciara and Aiden visited Matt's mom and dad and grandmother in Indiana this afternoon. Aiden came home with another car full of gifts and the living room floor is covered with hot wheels cars, monster trucks, books and toy airplanes. As I write he's occupying himself with the electric train which seems to be his favorite toy. Now there's something squeeking and I can't find what it is, oh, it's something in one of his new books and it's finally stopped.

I made some potato soup for supper then managed to get outside for a short run between rain showers. 39 minutes of time well spent.

No comments: