Monday, January 5, 2009

Cold Final 4

What a great picture of Aiden to top off a great day! He loves yogurt but hasn't gotten the eating part down quite yet. At least he didn't get it in his hair.

I ran a half-marathon (13.5 miles) this morning on the roads around the neighborhood. It was in the 30 degree range with a pretty stiff breeze. Generally overcast but Mr Sun occasionally peaked out around the clouds. I was surprised that I managed to get through the run without more difficulty. I haven't run this far in months and expected things to be more of a challenge. That's not to say that it wasn't, just not what I expected. The last 4 miles were into the wind and I can't say which was worse, the extra effort or the cold. The wind was relentless. Now of course I'm sore and stiff especially when I get up after sitting for awhile and I've got pain in my right heel (plantar's ????) I hope not. I also ran the distance in a 5:1 ratio which was encouraging. Now the trick will be to repeat it next Monday.

No comments: