Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Linda

Today was my bride of 31 years' 53rd Birthday!

Last night I came home from work and saw the day's mail sitting on the dryer in the laundry room. I thought Linda had forgotten it and brought it into the living room. She was on the phone to Ciara and said, "I even got a card from your Uncle Ned, it's in this real pretty silver envelope!" She didn't open it or her other cards preferring to wait until today. So, this morning she opens the silver envelope and marvels at the flashy card inside. Then she says, "Boy, Ned sure splurged this year!" She opens the card and to her chagrin it's from her husband! Wasn't she surprised.

It was a nice card.

I took her to lunch at McCormick and Schmick's seafood restaurant off Fountain Square in downtown Cincinnati. It was our first time there and we really enjoyed it. The restaurant was quiet, warm and friendly. There were a fair number of business persons but also a number of folks like Linda and I; people out for a leisurely lunch. The service was excellent. I think we'll go back.

We had intended to go to the Museum Center's Omnimax theater after lunch but decided to go shopping at Sam's instead. We stopped at Starbuck's for coffee and then Servati's for an after dinner birthday treat.

My afternoon run was pretty miserable. I didn't feel like doing it to begin with and then the cold, blowing wet snow and incessant wind made things all the worse. However, I would have really been mad at myself had I not gotten out the door. Four miles in 42 minutes. Not bad given the conditions.

No comments: