Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wimpy Snow Showers

Well, as usual, the weather people hereabouts have ramped up their forecasts prognosticating snow! Good night, you'd think the end of the world was upon us the way they carry on. As I type this there is a snow shower but all it's doing is peppering the deck with a few white flakes. Now the real issue is the cold. Serious cold. The lows tonight are expected to be in single digits with windchills over the next two days of -10 to -15.

Linda and I are prepared. We went shopping this morning for fresh fruits and veggies and bought a very nice, plump deep red filet of wild caught sockeye salmon. If I manage to get up the courage I'll grill it; if not I'll bake it. Right now I'm leaning toward the grill (less clean-up). I also made a batch of goetta. It's finishing up on the stove and should be ready for morning breakfast. I added some extra seasoning this time around because the last batch was watery and bland. I used some higher quality oats this time also.

Matt, Ciara and Aiden are back in Charlotte and Linda and I are in withdrawal, again. There is a birthday coming on 2/28 so we should see the little guy again then.

I think Linda and I are finally over our colds. Just to be on the safe side I'll wait until Saturday before going out for a run. If the cold persists I might have to wait until Monday. I'm not taking any chances this year. I've already been sick twice once before Christmas with a nasty virus and now after New Years. Hopefully I've had my quota.

No comments: