Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dreary Sunday

Up early this morning for church. Rained overnight. Stopped at Starbucks after church for a coffee and newspapers.

There were several interesting articles on the financial crisis in the NYT this morning. The first was a long piece in the magazine talking about VaR or Value at Risk. It's an alien concept to me and even after reading about it I won't pretend that I understand it. The second article was by Michael Lewis and David Einhorn. It's written in two parts and well worth reading. I also enjoyed Frank Rich's opinion piece.

I had every intention of running this morning but the bad weather and general winter lethargy combined to conspire against that idea. Instead we drove down to the Walton Krogers Superstore and spent big bucks on a week's worth of groceries. We concentrated on the perimeter so most of what we bought is "real" food: fruits, yogurt, milk, some chicken and meat as well as some canned beans.

When I got home I made a big pot of bean soup and a casserole in the crockpot. Dinner tonight will be a roast chicken with baked potatoes. I might make some stuffing that I've got hanging about too. I like stuffing. Last night we had a strip steak that I marinated, sliced into strips and stir fried with cut up vegetables and served over quinoa.

I hope I get my mojo back tomorrow and can get a long run in.

No comments: