Saturday, March 3, 2007

Aiden's 368th Day

The sun was shining this morning but now it's blustery, overcast and cold. Snow flurries have been flying. Now, late in the afternoon I've finally got time to reflect on the week. It's been good. Work was tough. Running has improved. I managed about 90 minutes of trailrunning at EI on Monday. It was quite a contrast from my previous run there: patches of snow and ice but mostly mud. The sun was shining and it was cold but really beautiful. I followed Monday's run on Tuesday at Lunken. It has been a while since I've run there and I put in a slow 5 miles. My PF continues to bother me but it's mainly afterwards and in the the mornings. It doesn't hurt during the run so I've just decided to put up with the pain and pick up the mileage. Worked on Wednesday and Thursday. Ran yesterday in the neighborhood. Again, it was a beautiful day but very, very windy. Ran down Banklick to Bramlage to Wilson to Independence Station to Maher and home. It was about 8 miles or so. Life intervened today and I didn't get out for my run. Almost bought a new television today but Sears didn't have it in stock. Saved myself $1000.00.

As I type this Aiden is sitting on the floor in the kitchen staring out the sliding glass doors at the snow flurries, wind and a large flock of starlings swirling around the yard. He's just mesmerized. We're going to have a small birthday party for him tonight. Just a few of Ciara's friends, Colin and Melanie and Susan and Ron. We're going to have pizza and beer and of course cake.

Colin went back to work at Thielen this week. I guess it went well. He's been doing the job forever. Ian and Rieko went back to Bora Bora. They were supposed to leave yesterday so I presume they're there now but it's a loooooong way.

That's it for now.

No comments: