Thursday, March 8, 2007

Sunny late afternoon.....

Met my friend Jeff at 0800 for a trailrun at England-Idlewild park in Boone County. It was a beautiful morning with crystal clear blue skies and sun. The only thing that marred the morning was the noise from the airplanes leaving CVG. They are so loud you can't hear yourself think. Jeff shared his experience running the Mt. Mitchell Challenge; a 4o mile run up the highest peak in NC. This was his second year running it and he finished well. Great job, Jeff! After we exhausted that topic we got on to politics: he's right leaning and you know I tilt at windmills. It was a great morning.

Yesterday afternoon I did an 8 miler in the neighborhood. I still have pain from the PF in the left foot but it doesn't seem to be worse regardless what I do so I've just decided to put up with the pain and get back to it. Work tomorrow so I probably won't run; but the weekend is open season!

Can you believe we're going to DST already. I like EST. At least with the change you get that extra hour of sleep but Sunday we lose an hour and that really hurts. At least it's not my weekend to work; that would really hurt.

Had dinner with Matt, Ciara and Aiden at Panera Bread in Crestview Town Center last night. Their paninis are great. Linda visited with friends at Hoggy's.

Matt's building me a new supercharged computer and says it will be finished this weekend. I'm looking forward to the increased speed. My desktop is painfully slow especially when compared with the laptop!

No comments: