Sunday, March 25, 2007

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Just got Aiden down for a nap. He just does not want to go to sleep. He fights you all the way and when he finally does fall asleep it's more like a catnap than a nap.

Walked in Highland Cemetery this morning with Linda and Charie. The trails were muddy and very slippery in places but it was a nice peaceful setting. I look forward to a trail run there some time soon.

Ran about 10 miles in yesterday's heat (80 degrees) and survived quite nicely. I was pretty sore and fatigued afterwards but have bounced back today. I'd like to run today but my better judgment suggests that a couple of days of rest would probably be better. I'll work tomorrow and then get back in the saddle on Tuesday and Wednesday. I really want to ramp things up for a fall ultra. It's going to take lots of planning but the start will be to build a strong base.

No comments: