Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Sunday

I didn't sleep well last night. I seemed to toss and turn all night long. I don't know if it was the sunburn and dehydration from working in the yard all day or the coffee I enjoyed at Charie's house or maybe it was the chocolate chunks in the ice cream. Who knows?

Up early for Mass then off to the grocery after breakfast. I got the propane tank filled at Ace Hardware and Linda got a deal on some flowers.

After lunch I went out to EI for a run. It was overcast hot and very humid. I was surprised that there weren't more mountain bikers on the trails. I did meet a couple who drove down from Indianapolis for the day to ride the trails. I hope they found it worth the drive.

The trails were in excellent shape but it was very humid and enervating. I can only hope that I will acclimate to the heat soon because I was really sucking wind today.

Tomorrow's Memorial Day and I want to give a shout out to my dad (Korea) and my two sons Colin and Ian (Iraq).

I talked to Buzzy a little while ago. He was playing Mario Cart (?) on the Wii. He declined going to the "man store" with his daddy. As Linda said that could be starting a baaaaaad habit!

Watched the end of the 500. It was terrific to see Helio Castraneves win (5th 3-time winner) but I would have liked to see Danica Patrick win and become the first woman. She finished 3rd. Now I'm watching the start of the Coca-Cola 600 which is being run at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte. I hope they get the race in, it's been raining off and on and Ciara says it's supposed to continue to rain. We'll see.

No comments: