Monday, June 8, 2009

Big Black Snake!

Hah! Got your attention didn't I?

Ran at EI this morning for 2.5 hours. It was cool at the start with a nice breeze and some hazy sunshine. However, as it approached noon it started getting very warm and humid. Of course by then I was pretty fatigued so I probably felt it more. For the first 2 hours I had the trails to myself but as I was finishing up the "advanced" circuit I encountered a family on their mountain bikes enjoying the day.

I saw a turtle.

I did see a black snake. It was about 4 feet long and I took several pictures of it with my phone but I haven't figured out how to get those pictures to this blog. I did send them to Buzzy but I don't know if he got them (on his mom's phone).

Buzzy had a big adventure over the weekend. His dad took him "camping" in the backyard. They made a fire, roasted marshmallows, sang songs and then slept in a tent. It was reported to me that Matt woke up around 4 am and noticed that Buzzy's arms and ears were cold so he took him in the house to finish out the night. It sounds like they had fun. It certainly was fun for Papaw to hear Buzz talk about "camping."

No comments: