Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday Afternoon on Banklick

The most difficult part of maintaining a blog is figuring out how to title your posts. I could write a whole lot more if I didn't spend so much time trying to figure out what to call what I write.

Anyway, I did an easy 8 miler out Banklick and back this afternoon. It was overcast, humid and cool. I wore a long-sleeved shirt which was a little bit of overkill but I hate being cold. Heat I can take even when it hurts performance. I did 4 and 1 intervals for about 90 minutes. I ran a negative split which was my goal. I ran the first 4 miles in 47 minutes and the back 4 in 43. That's the way you want any run to work out: finish faster than when you start that way you always have something left in the tank if it gets tough at the end. You can always sprint to the finish. There's nothing worse than dragging a sorry ass up the last hill and watching your watch to see if you can stop!

Buzzy called this afternoon to wish Linda and I a happy anniversary. He was in good spirits because he got to play his video game. He's only 3 and I don't know if that's a good habit for him to get into but there's probably not a lot you can do about it these days. At least he'll be technologically savvy. Of course yesterday he was coloring and tomorrow he'll be doing something else. His last day of school I think is tomorrow and so far it looks like he won't be going to summer school. He's made a lot of progress in the couple of months he's been in school so I'm not sure it's a good thing that he's not in summer school. It's not like he doesn't have fun.

It's supposed to be a nice day tomorrow so hopefully I'll get another run in before I work this weekend.

I fixed Linda a steak dinner of filet mignon and we topped it off with cheesecake for dessert. It was probably better than going out.

No comments: