Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sunny Mourning

That's a play on words. Linda's Aunt Ruth died on Friday and today was her funeral. A pretty low-key affair but it accomplished what funerals are meant to accomplish: a reunion of family, a chance to catch-up with others' lives, a new awakening of what it means to be family. With the exception of "cousin" Tom we hadn't seen the rest of the family since Linda's mom died in '95. So it was nice to see everyone again. It was sunny and it was very hot.

Afterwards Linda, Charie and I went to lunch at First Watch. We all had salads. But they were all different and tasty.

I tried to get out for a run when we got home. I could see things starting to cloud up but I left the house anyway. The farther I got from the house the more menacing the clouds, the louder the thunder and the more spectacular the lightening. I was concerned about getting cold and wet but I was concerned about getting struck by lightening. I turned around. What had been planned as a 2hr run ended up being 55 minutes. But all's good.

Things cleared up quickly and its now a lovely evening. The clouds and rain and thunder and lightening are due to return tonight and into tomorrow.

No comments: