Thursday, June 25, 2009

Today at EI

It was blisteringly hot with humidity to match on the trails. The air was saturated with water and very little breeze. However, the trees formed a nice canopy that shielded me from the sun with the exception of the few meadow areas. I was accosted by a very, very large black snake then greeted enthusiastically by a box turtle who closed up with alarm when he realized I was about to step on him. I've been looking for a box turtle for Aiden but this little guy was too early in the run and too far from the car. Every 4th of July we join friends and family at Ryland Lakes Country Club and they have several turtle races that the kids participate in. I think Aiden would really have fun with that.

My run was about 90 minutes; I couldn't stand any more even so it was a good workout.

No comments: